Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed Peppers

Jan 20, 2006 I like this recipe, but I will keep searching for a better stuffed peppers recipe. It's outstanding, particularly when we look at the simple and easy ingredients. As others have said, I would like to repeat emphatically: DON'T BOIL THE PEPPERS. 3 of 6 peppers cracked as I attempted to remove them from the pot to the baking pan, despite being extremely careful. No wonder. They were so mushy and weak that it's amazing they all didn't split. I should have listened to cwillisf, another reviewer. I did increase the ingredients by .5 to insure that I would have enough stuffing. It was nice to have the extra stuffing to spoon over the peppers, especially since three of them capsized from being split. Because half of the peppers ended up flat, this looked more like a casserole than traditional stuffed peppers. But on taste, this is a good dish. I will try it again someday. And by the way, since we aren't meshing a complex blend of spices, the stuffing mixture does not need to cook for more than a few minutes--in my opinion--just enough for the cheese to melt properly.

—CURTISLEE 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment