Thursday, January 24, 2013

Get Sweet On Sweet Potato Soup With Za'atar Oil

January may be National Soup Month, but every day in my household is its own national soup day of sorts, so whenever a new recipe gets on my radar, it quickly becomes an obsessive quest to gather the ingredients and take it for a test-drive.

This za'atar-oil-flecked beauty was no exception, so off I set to the store with hopes that my search for a packet of za'atar - a Middle Eastern spice blend comprising oregano, thyme, sesame seeds, and sumac - wouldn't be found futile. Thankfully, Spicely came to my rescue, no specialty store required; it even came in a conveniently smaller package to boot, a boon to those looking to waste less in the kitchen in 2013.

And to answer the burning question: yes, this soup was everything I wished for and more. Well-balanced, velvety smooth, and aesthetically appealing thanks to a swirl of za'atar oil, this tangerine-hued winner will be entering my soup rotation for months to come. I urge you to adopt it into your fold as well.

Keep reading for the recipe.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment