Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed Peppers My Way

Oct 22, 2009 Colorful and tasty departure from your ordinary side dish. I used red, orange, yellow and green peppers, which made this particularly pretty and bright. I coated them lightly with olive oil and sprinkled them with sea salt and freshly ground pepper before roasting them for just 20 minutes, which was perfect. I cooked the arborio rice in chicken broth and a little butter, and added fresh minced garlic to the sauteed onions and herbs. Once mixed altogether with the chopped tomatoes, it looked like it could use a little color, so I threw in a handful of fresh, minced parsley. As for the feta, since hubs can't stand it I subbed some freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano instead (which he also doesn't like, but so be it). At this point I just put them back in the turned off oven until I got the rest of dinner plated and it worked out well. To finish, I gave them a light sprinkle of truffle sea salt. While not a masterpiece, it still was a healthy, tasty and pretty alternative to the routine vegetable/starch side dishes.

—naples34102 Pro Member (Learn more about Pro)

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment