Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Main Dish Casserole Recipes: Zucchini and Cheese

Jan 07, 2004 I made this tonight for dinner and it was very good. I used two zucchini, added 3 minced cloves of garlic, only two tomatoes, used 1/4 tsp. basil and 1/4 tsp. oregano for the Italian seasoning and also added about 1/2 tsp. salt. I mixed the seasonings in with all the vegetables, instead of just on top. I think it tasted better incorporating the seasoning throughout the dish. I also sprinkled a tad bit of Parmesan along with the mozzarella, and also used only about half the amount of cheese. 8 oz seemed a little much... maybe if you used a larger casserole dish you would use more cheese. Anyway, it was really a wonderful side dish and my sister, who has hated zucchini forever said it was actually very good and that she meant it. I think that says a lot! Everyone enjoyed this dish and it was a great combination of vegetables. Yummy!

—BlondeCook 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment