Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stuffed Cabbage: Turkey Cabbage Rolls

Sep 29, 2007 I LOVED this recipe,the cabbage, the filling, the sauce - everything!!! I will make this again! My mother-in-law came over and I gave her a taste. She said she would eat half a roll, but ate the whole thing instead, and now she wants the recipe!! Complete success!! I thought this recipe was a wonderful way to use leftover rice that I had already cooked. I used 2 cups of cooked brown rice in the filling, along with the other ingredients as listed, adding some garlic and parsley as well. In the sauce, I took the advice of another reviewer and used all tomato sauce (because I didn't have tomato paste), instead of tomato paste and water mixed with tomato sauce. I was out of lemon juice, so I substituted raw apple cider vinegar for that and added a bit more brown sugar to help the flavor. My whole family liked the filling and the sauce, but only part of them were excited about the cabbage "wrap". So, if you like cabbage, you will LOVE this recipe!!

—LadyRae 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment