Thursday, January 31, 2013

6 Things to Do With Dill

Ever buy a bunch of herbs for a recipe, only to use a tablespoon and find an icky bag of dried-out leaves two weeks later? This has been a long-standing problem in my house, and I've been determined to find a fix for it.

First up: dill. The delicate-looking weed is one of my favorites - I love its grassy, bright, almost lemony flavor. Because it's so zingy, dill works well with classic pairings like seafood and lemon, but there are also plenty of other ways you can use up the fronds in odds and ends. Here are some of my favorite ways.

  1. Use it to create another dimension of flavor in stuffed cabbage rolls.
  2. Add a few fronds at the end of cooking to brighten up chicken noodle soup.

For four more suggestions, keep reading.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment