Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tacos, Burritos and Enchiladas: Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Feb 21, 2008 I love this recipe! I have made it so many ways, depending on what I have on hand (or can find at my small, rural grocery store). I through the entire bunch of cilantro into the blender for the best flavor (stems and all), and have used green enchilada sauce, green salsa, and jalapeno salsa for all 28 ounces of the salsa. I have found that the flavor is a bit different, but always good no matter what I use. I have also used mozarella cheese, monteray jack, or cheddar, and it tastes good with each! To SHRED THE CHICKEN, boil a few breasts in water with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder (or plain is fine too) for about 20 minutes if thawed, longer if frozen, and use either 2 forks or fingers to shred it up. You can just cut up a chicken and use chunks, too. We love this recipe, and the kids like it too, as long as I keep my green salsa mild. Have fun! You can do lots with this recipe and it still tastes good!!!

—kemlcook 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment