Monday, March 25, 2013

Stuffed Zucchini: Creamy Meat-Stuffed Zucchini

Feb 11, 2013 I had bought a ginormous (is that even a word?) zucchini at the 99 cent store and wanted a stuffed zucchini recipe that could be used as a main dish. This recipe suited my needs perfectly and we all loved it. I added an equal amount of panko crumbs to the Parmesan cheese on top to give it a little crunch. Since the zucchini was so large, I doubled the filling ingredients, but it turned out I shouldn't have done that. No worries, though. I just put the extra filling in a casserole dish, topped it with the Parmesan/panko mixture, and baked it along with the zucchini. The topping didn't brown very well in the oven, even after almost 30 minutes of baking, so I put it under the broiler for a couple minutes to finish it off. This will definitely be repeated, but I think I'll peel the zucchini, dice it all up into the filling, and bake it as a casserole instead.

—Keri Pro Member (Learn more about Pro)

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment