Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pizza Recipes: Pizza Crust for the Bread Machine II

Jan 06, 2009 This is by far the best pizza crust I've done in my bread machine. It came out perfect. I made the recipe as listed, only added a teaspoon vital wheat gluten and some spices (oregano, crushed red pepper). After the dough cycle, I let the dough ball rest (covered) for a few minutes, then punch out into a little circle. I stop, let it bounce back a little bit and rest (covered) for a few minutes, and punch it out bigger. Do several of those cycles and you can easily get 14-16" out of it. The object is to give it some TLC and gradually get the crust to take shape, not forcing it. I don't toss my crusts, but I'm sure you can do that too. When the dough is formed, I brush a mixture of olive oil and italian seasoning on it, and poke the crust all over with a toothpick (to prevent massive bubbles, unless you like those). The oil and holes prevent the crust from rising super high. I then put it in the oven's bottom rack until the bottom is just crispy, remove it, and lightly sprinkle fresh parmesan and romano cheese on it, put it back in the oven until the cheese cooks a bit. Remove and put your sauce, cheese, and toppings on it. Best pizza ever. Even if your sauce is terrible, people will comment on how good the crust is. And much cheaper than delivery! UPDATE: I have made pizza using this crust more than 50 times now, and you really can't even mess it up with substitutions and additional ingredients. I typically add spices to the dough itself, and also put some spices onto the cru

—daveharris 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment