Saturday, March 30, 2013

Meatloaf: Incredibly Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf

Feb 24, 2009 This was VERY good! I made some changes, here is exactly what I did: I grated 4 baby carrots and about half of a yellow onion into the bowl using a large microplane. I soaked the 1 cup of breadcrumbs in the 1 cup of milk while I was grating the veggies. This last step plumps up the bread so that it's nice and moist all through the mixture, and then I just add this mushy mixture to the meatloaf. Also, I grated the colby cheese fresh instead of using pre-grated since I find it melts better this way. As the recipe stated, after using my hands to mix the meatloaf, I FOLDED the cheese in using a spoonula as if making a mousse. I added a few splashes of worcestershire sauce to the mix, and then I formed TWO loaves in a 9x13 baking dish. Covered each loaf with a thin layer of my favorite bottled BBQ sauce, and used a thermometer to alert me when they had reached 175 degrees, took them out of the oven and covered with foil for a couple of minutes. Delicious! I love this served with oven-roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes, and 'Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad' from this website. ***UPDATE: according to the USDA website (and other websites as well), ground turkey must be cooked to 165 degrees. So, I remove this meatloaf from the oven when it registers between 155 and 160, and then cover tightly with foil so it comes up to temp. ALWAYS moist, never dry.

—MALTESE_MOM 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment