Monday, June 24, 2013

Tacos, Burritos and Enchiladas: Fabulous Wet Burritos

May 16, 2007 Very good and pretty easy to make. I think this is a five star recipe if added to the monthly rotation, but if looking for a special meal, I would give it four stars. Anyways, like many other reviewers I made a few changes. First sauteed small whole onion and 2 cloves of garlic in large skillet. Then added 1 tsp cumin and 3/4 tsp oregano, then added ground beef. After pink was gone from the meat I added the can of refried beans, the green chilies and a can of Rotel. Moved the pan to a cool area and added cilantro. For the sauce I wanted to avoid the "tomatoey" flavor that other reviews tended to dislike so I eliminated the tomato sauce altogether. Instead I mixed two 10 oz cans of enchilada sauce with the one 15 oz can of chili without sauce. To serve, I placed a small amount of the sauce in a 9x13 pan and then rolled the burritos and placed them in the pan, then covered them with the remainder of the sauce and a mixture of medium and sharp cheddar cheese. Baked in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes. Then covered the top of the pan with shredded lettuce, fresh tomato and green onions. Overall pretty happy with the result. Made 12 and found I needed two 9x13 pans. Family ate 1 pan the first night and the 2nd the next and loved it. Thanks for such an easy recipe... Very nice on a school night.

—Toasty Mama 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment