Monday, June 24, 2013

Main Dish Casserole Recipes: Easy Tuna Casserole

Oct 05, 2008 Very good base recipe. I summarized others' advice for my liking so the renovated ingredients were: 2 cans of tuna, 1 can of cream of chicken, 1 can of cream of mushroom, garlic salt, frozen peas, about 1/2c mayo, black pepper, diced onions, a touch of whole milk, about 4 cups cooked macaroni, 1 c shredded cheese, and 1 c french friend onions. It was very good and i couldn't stop eating it for days (tasted good the next day too). Even though I thoroughly enjoyed it, I couldn't stop thinking it needed something else. The diced onions and french friend onions added a little crunch, but more was needed. My mom used to make a tuna casserole using leftover potato chips. I think that would be perfect to try in this next time - crush up the potato chips and mix in with the casserole. It adds a lightly crunchy potato. I'll also add a dash of tabasco sauce next time for a kick as was also suggested. I'm keeping this recipe - in the form I changed it to. :-) 3 stars because it's a base recipe but definitely needs kicks to it. Thanks, Andrea, for the start to many interesting creations from this!

—Melanie 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment