Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Main Dish Seafood: Lemon-Pepper Salmon

Apr 18, 2007 My husband raved about this recipe; he said it was the best salmon he'd ever eaten! I liked it a lot too. I made just a couple of changes. I used about half of the olive oil and butter the recipe called for; I don't think you need the extra fat. I also used fresh lemon juice and regular pepper instead of the lemon pepper. I sauteed some minced garlic in the butter/oil, then added the salmon (seasoned with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice). I also used fresh baby dill instead of cilantro and didn't use as much as the recipe called for, maybe 1/2 cup. The dill gave it a nice, mellow flavor. The salmon came out flaky and light, and none of the flavors were overwhelming. We will definitely be having this again! Let me just add that we had two pieces of fish (about 4-5 oz each). If I were to do this for four pieces, I'd definitely double the sauce; it was just enough for two pieces in the proportions listed.

—DANIELA92 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment