Monday, April 8, 2013

Main Dish Seafood: Coconut Shrimp I

Jul 17, 2010 GREAT! However, I did pulse the coconut lightly in a food processor (previously mentioned) and it did adhere to the battered shrimp better (good tip). Also, since I like things a tad more seasoned, I put some cayenne pepper,paprika,garlic&onion powder, dried thyme&oregano into the 3/4 C flour (before dividing) and tossed seasoning directly on shrimp prior to coating. Plus, the larger the shrimp, the less time this takes..but it's worth the trouble even if you use medium shrimp. I wouldn't go smaller than that. After dredging/coating shrimp, chill until set, or freeze for 10 to 15 minutes. I've made these, froze and stored for another day and they fried up just as good that way too. If you use large/jumbo shrimp you can hold these in oven at 300 to finish cooking so coconut doesn't burn (or to keep warm until all are done). I also used the marmalade dipping sauce recommended which was really good! The batter itself w/out coconut works for fried onion rings or mushrooms as well, although I rolled those in Panko crumbs vs coconut flakes. Saved this recipe!

—CantHelpMyself 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment