Thursday, April 25, 2013

Steaks and Chops: Stuffed Pork Chops III

Dec 03, 2007 Never had a pork chop I liked until now. These were fantastic with a few minor changes and we're now having them once a week. I use only 2 thick cut (an inch at least) chops, half of a boxed pork stuffing mix, and an entire can of low sodium beef stock (about 2 cups). I put a little salt, pepper and garlic powder on them inside and out before stuffing. Also, when I have time I brine the chops for a couple hours before stuffing (a little salt and sugar dissolved in a large bowl of water and let the chops soak). 15 minutes on each side simmering with the pan uncovered has worked perfectly for me. The stock reduces down quite a lot and any bits of stuffing that sneak out really do help to make it a gravy as other reviewers stated. I serve them with roasted rosemary potatoes. As the chops are so huge I can usually only finish half of one and they are just as good the next day.

—PrincessJenna 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment