Monday, April 29, 2013

Pesto Recipes: Italian Chicken with Pesto Potatoes

Sep 13, 2007 This was really, really good. To the balsamic vinegar I added about a tablespoon of brown sugar, some minced garlic, some dijon mustard and a splash of hot sauce, just to give it some complexity. When I stuffed the chicken with the cheese, I added a schmear of minced garlic and one basil leaf for extra flavor. Before putting the chicken and tomatoes (which were wonderful, BTW) in the oven, I drizzled a little of the finished balsamic sauce and sprinkled a touch of mozzarella over the top. The recipe didn't say whether to cook the chicken covered or uncovered, so I covered it for the first 15 minutes, then removed the cover. The potatoes were terrific too. I had picked up some really tiny potatoes (about the size of large marbles) and they worked perfectly for this dish. Bottled pesto sauce was pretty expensive at the store, so I made my own. The combination of the sharp snap of the potato skins when I bit into them mixed with the great garlicky pesto was just lovely. This dish made an enticing presentation and is certainly company worthy. DH and I both loved this dish. I can't say enough good things about it. Thanks, Paula

—Dianemwj 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment