Monday, April 22, 2013

Steaks and Chops: Pork Chops with Sour Cream and Mushroom Sauce

May 13, 2006 I can imagine how, if followed exactly, this recipe could be bland-- but I took the advice of other raters and changed it up a bit. We loved this version enough to give it five stars and make it our new pork chop sauce! It came out pretty amazing. First, I melted a big hunk of butter in the saucepan and covered it in my favorite spices (thyme, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper). Then I threw in two chopped onions and some minced garlic (all of this sauteing in butter smelled amazing!) Then I threw in a can of sliced mushrooms and put about 4 dashes of dark ale beer in. I let this mixture boil for a couple of minutes, removed it from the skillet & added the pork. I browned the pork for about ten minutes, mixed the sour cream, soups and mushroom mixture together and poured over top. I only simmered everything together for 20 minutes since my porkchops were cut thin. YUM! We were sopping up the sauce with mashed potatoes and everything, it was really good.

—Alissa 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment