Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fast and Easy Dinner: Asparagus With Miso Butter and Poached Eggs

Salty, and slightly sweet and full of umami, miso is undoubtedly my desert island ingredient. Add to the mix verdant Spring asparagus, sherry vinegar, copious amounts of butter, and poached eggs, and it's hardly surprising that this weeknight-friendly dish has become an obsession of sorts around my household. Rarely a week passes where this perfect confluence of ingredients does not grace my table. Sometimes I even dig into a bowl of it more than once!

To get my miso butter and poached egg fix outside of asparagus season, I've even taken to swapping out steamed kale for the grassy stalk to inspiring effect. I'm an obsessive sort, prone to extreme loyalty to any matter of things, but I've rarely been so smitten with a single dish as in this case. So, let me urge you strongly to try it out for yourself - I'd bet that you'll become a convert as well.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment