Thursday, May 30, 2013

Roasts: Roast Pork with Cranberry Glaze

Jan 03, 2007 I too did this a little differently. I read that someone else had soaked the roast in brine first so I did that too (1 quart water, 1/4 table salt, 1/4 brown sugar, and some rosemary for a 1.5 lb roast). Instead of cranberry sauce I used some cranberry/orange relish that was leftover from Christmas. I combined the relish with the juice, sugar, mustard, and cloves. I roasted the meat for about 2 hours and then served it right from the oven (I omitted the cornstarch and water at the end of the recipe). The result was the juciest roast I've ever made with a delicious cramberry crust on top that tasted sweet and delicious. The roast had a slight rosemary flavor and was nicely complimented by the cranberry. This was such a hit that even my picky little 4 year-old ate it! I'm sure the original recipe that is posted is yummy, but the way I made it was so good I'll have to do it again this way next time.

—*NurseHatchet* 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment