Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pizza Recipes: Mike's Homemade Pizza

Aug 01, 2008 UPDATE: I've made this sauce several times, very good. The sauce is really tomatoey and reminds me of an italian spaghetti/pasta sauce, in fact it would be a great dipping sauce with bread sticks. Crust I fiddled around with, it's easier to use another favorite one rather than try to keep tweaking this one. The sauce is worth keeping, dough is okay, it does have great crispy crackery texture and all. ORIGINAL REVIEW: This was fantastic. I got two 14 inch thin crust pizzas from this. The crust was very thin, light, and delicate, nicely crispy too. Like a cracker when I baked this on a perforated sheet on lowest oven rack. Dough was really stiff and seemed dry but I followed directions and it turned out great. Not a lot of flavor, but then does crust need a lot when it is a base? The sauce was really decent too. I made two pizzas and still froze some for another. This had some different ingredients than I am used to using for pizza sauce like the comino and chili powder. I didn't change a thing and really don't need too. Even though the crust could use some flavor, the texture is outstanding so it makes up for it. We all liked this and I will make it again. Thanks Mike, this was great!

—~TxCin~ILove2Ck 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment