Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mini Blue Cheese Balls and Friday Faves

So, say someone was going to an Easter brunch and needed a little something to contribute to the feast of the bunnies. Something a little savory, easy to whip up because that egg hunt takes some time to finish and a dish that lets guests sneak a few bites popped right into their mouths in between sneaks of the chocolate covered eggs that ‘somehow’ found their way into the palms of their hands.

Mini Blue Cheese Balls | foodiecrush.com

I won’t be partaking of tulips and Easter Ham at a loved ones home this Easter, unless you count your loved ones as those who are bellied up to the sounds of ringing slot machines and the hoots and hollers of winners at the roulette wheel. But I bet I will find a buffet that will offer a little something to snack on, although nothing is as good as a home cooked meal made with love.

Unless its the 943,287 desserts that the hotel buffet offers up. That I most likely won’t pass by without taking full advantage of as I plot my escape plan to take another spin on the Wheel of Fortune machine. I can hear it now…”Wheel. Of. FOOOOOORRTUUNE.” It’s my Vegas vice. What can I say…

Mini Blue Cheese Balls | foodiecrush.com

These little Mini Blue Cheese Balls are easy. Easy to make, easy to eat. Pair them with apple slices, dried fruit or some savory rosemary crackers to compliment the blue-ness and the savory side. And of course champagne. What’s a brunch without a little clink of the champs?

Wishing you all a festive and frolic-filled Easter filled with egg salad sandwiches and chocolate bunnies. Happy Friday Faves!

Foodie Crush Egg Salad

1. And to the egg salad. It’s that time of year to revisit my most controversial post ever:  the debate of Mayo vs. Miracle Whip in Egg Salad Sandwiches. Which camp do you mark your stand in?

2. I love seeing food bloggers create videos and this video from Joy is totally inspiring. Oh Joy, what else is new? I mean is there anything she touches that doesn’t inspire and bring a smile to your face? I’ve been working on a video I’ll be sharing with you guys in April and like most videos, while the footage is all important it all comes down to the song! My first video was a little more instructional, while this one will be more playful and finding the right accompaniment is hard! Flavia recently tweeted me asking if I had any suggestions on where to find good royalty free music. A friend who is helping edit my video suggested I check out Premium Beat (around $40 per download), InCompeTech and Jewel Beat (only .99 per song) and I think I finally found a winner.

Food-Blogging-Links

3. Most of you may have seen this populating Twitter feeds and Google + because Lori has created a definitive guide for food bloggers with her 150+ Links to Everything You Need to Know for Food Bloggers. Even if you’re blog niche isn’t food, there are amazing resources you must heed. Nice work Lori.

Easter Egg FoodieCrush

4. We all know its egg time thanks to Easter, but do you know how to boil the perfect egg? I am still trying to perfect it so they peel right without stripping the white in big chunks. My latest major dilemma, any suggestions? Sandy shares her boiled egg basics plus a deviled egg round up that includes everything from edamame to bacon. Oh, twist my arm.

o-WARBY-570 5. I love this new line of dog glasses, so smart and still stylish. My dogs definitely need some. Ha, right. Did we getcha? April Fool’s Day is Monday so what tricks are you going to pull? I like the idea of changing the language on my husband’s cell phone. Don’t worry, he won’t know, he doesn’t read this thing anyway. Here’s some awesome April Fool’s Day pranks to make you smile. And my dogs would look like rock stars pimping some Warby’s.

6. Will you be donating a post to The Giving Table: Food Bloggers Against Hunger?  I will. Join the cause and help families in need by creating awareness. Big thanks to Nicole for rounding this amazing group up.

IMG_2979

7. Easter. Hot Cross Buns. Kathryne shows us the way all the way from across the pond.

8. Google analytics, they are a hot mess of stuff I don’t understand but need to. This Google Analytics tutorial will definitely set my ship straight.

b7611d8ab3e195f927682cf8c08b31b8

9. This takes me straight back to 9th grade and my obsession.This pillow might be all it takes to persuade me to go off the wagon. Watch out, I might start singing to The Cars again too.

Run with Tweezers

10. Tweet of the week thanks to Tammy @runwithtweezers

Thanks for reading and please keep in touch by subscribing to FoodieCrush and follow me on TwitterFacebookPinterest. This site includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to create new and special content like this for my readers, so thank you for your support. All opinions are my own.

Tagged as: appetizer, blue cheese, cheese ball, Friday Faves, poppers, small bites


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment