Monday, May 27, 2013

Main Dish Seafood: Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi

Apr 17, 2006 We had macadamia nut crusted mahi at a *very expensive* restaurant in Hawaii a year and a half ago. Ever since, my husband has been raving about it. I decided to try this recipe for our Easter dinner yesterday as a special treat for him. It was a huge success. :) He said, "this is every bit as delicious as _________ restaurant!" So there you have it -- from the mahi-loving man himself. ;) I did make a few changes to the recipe: first, I used more nuts than bread crumbs because I only had seasoned crumbs and didn't want the nutty flavor to get lost. Second, I forgot to buy a habanero pepper so I just threw some crushed red pepper flakes into the sauce while it simmered. The spiciness was perfect. Next, I used about twice as much coconut as the recipe called for because I really wanted the coconut flavor to stand out. Also, since I used canned pineapple chunks rather than fresh, I used the syrup from the can to sweeten the sauce rather than sugar. And lastly, I served the sauce over the fish without straining it, sort of like a chutney -- the chunks of fruit were really tasty with the fish. Superb recipe!

—ANGELSHARK 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment