Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stuffed Zucchini: Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini

Feb 08, 2007 I really liked this recipe! I changed the quantities to 6 servings and used 5 zucchinis. To have enough lamb I had to use 50% more lamb (On top of changing the servings to 6). I ground my own lamb from fresh lamb shoulder. Gutting the Zucchini is difficult - use a long, thin knife and careful not to break the skin! I added the guts of the zucchini to the sauce which added some needed texture and this way I did not waste any food. Next time I will use 30% less mint. It was a little too minty for me but maybe ok for other people. Also I simmered it for 30 minutes after adding garlic rather than 15. I'm glad I did that. Make sure you choose zucchinis that are as fat as possible! It's not a super easy recipe but it looks elegant and exotic when served with the sauce on the top. I served it with potatoes fried in olive oil and chopped spinach with savory, salt, pepper and oregano. Went together very well!! Good meal to impress guests with!!

—Famouscook 

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment